Industry Information and Online Resources
We feel strongly about sharing information that has been useful to us. We have links to PDFs of articles that we’ve written over the years that help provide insight into the wine industry and other sites. These sites have proved invaluable in one way or another.
Information, explanations, how-to’s, and advice
- Précis of the U.S. Wine Market and Three-Tier Sales Channel by Paul Tincknell, Partner, Tincknell & Tincknell
In Adobe’s Acrobat PDF format. (File name: wineindustryoverview.pdf; file size: 465 KB.)
- Building Brand Equity in the Wine Industry by Brandon Westling, M.B.A.
In Adobe’s Acrobat PDF format. (File name: brandequity.pdf; file size: 66.5 KB.)
- Marketing 101 by Brandon Westling, M.B.A.
In Adobe’s Acrobat PDF format. (File name: winemarketing101.pdf; file size: 50 KB.)
Wine Industry Links
- American Wineries
Formerly known as WineAmerica and, previously, the American Vintners Association; a national association of American vintners and wineries.
- Wine Institute
An excellent information source on wine industry issues.
- Family Winemakers of California
Promotes the rights and interests of all members to freely produce, market and sell their products.
- Free the Grapes!
Coalition of consumers and winemakers promoting interstate direct shipping.
- Wine Market Council
An industry organization promoting wine to consumers, with WineAnswers.com as a resource for consumers about wine.
- Women for WineSense
The premier worldwide grassroots organization for women interested in wine.
- California Association of Winegrape Growers
An advocate for California’s wine grape growers, providing research and education programs, public policies, sustainable farming practices, and trade policy.
- American Society for Enology and Viticulture
A non-profit, scientific wine production industry organization of enologists, viticulturists, and others in the fields of wine and grape research and production.
- National Association of Beverage Importers, Inc.
The National Association of Beverage Importers is a national trade association that represents the interests of beer, wine, and spirit importers at state and federal levels.
- Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America
WSWA members represent over 90 percent of the wines and spirits sold at wholesale in the United States.
- Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, US Department of the Treasury
Like it or not, this is the branch of government that makes federal policy on wine industry issues.
- State of California’s Department of Alcohol Beverage Control
Like it or not, this is the government branch in California that makes policy on wine industry issues.
Business & Technical Reference Links
- Business Owner’s Toolkit
An insightful resource on business and marketing plans.
- Gibson Research Corporation
A superb site on internet security and privacy.
A low cost, albeit more technical, website host and domain registrar.
- Small Business Administration
- The World Wide Web Consortium
The ruling organization on the languages of websites.
- Webmaster’s Reference Library